Wednesday, January 28, 2004

What is it about crappy, cold, northeast weather that makes you long for the unbearable heat and humidity of August? I used to be a staunch supporter of winter. I loved it! Cold weather lead to snow, snow lead to skiing, skiing lead to hours of fun on the slopes with people that had a common interest. I still like snow, and coldish weather (above zero please), and skiing. But now that I only have time to ski a few times a year, and I can fly to those areas, I see no reason for these harsh conditions to exist where I live. Thoughts? Anyone? I think it maybe that now most of my hobbies can only be enjoyed in warmer, drier, less slippery weather :p

So life on this end of PA is rolling along much as it did last year at this time. It's scary how life will repeat itself like bad plot lines on TV. Lets look at my parallels shall we? Jan 2003: Trip to Europe (made me miss the ski trip that year), then Illinois, then Michigan. End result? More time on the road than at home. Jan 2004: Trip to Europe (made the ski trip this time), trip to Illinois (this week and next week), possible trip to Michigan right after that. I'm not making this up. There are some differences but the trend is eerily the same.

So, my little brother (hi Andy, notice I didn't say younger? He hates that) starts his job next Monday. He moved into his apt with a little help from the parents, girlfriend, and yours truly last weekend. I have to say that his place is very nice and his roomie seems like a good guy. I have to respect someone who owns a tv projection unit that is capable of a 20' diagonal picture. That is not a typo, twenty feet. It is truly amazing to have an entire wall engulfed in a picture. Very cool. Now they just need the sound system to go with it.

It looks like my latest venture in the world of dating has ended while still on the launch pad. I had a countdown going, primary ignition was initiated, but I never got past the tower (sorry, I've been reading a lot of NASA releases lately. Mars and all, so I've got space on the brain). There is a chance that it could still work itself out but I doubt it will right now. Starting relationships, much like comedy and properly tuning an engine, is all about timing and sparks flying. And in this case the timing was a bit off. I'm pretty sure we both like each other but geographical distance has a way of trumping that feeling I guess. So, here is hoping that in a few months that part of the equation (distance that is) is removed somewhat.

Oh, I finalized my plans to visit Sin City the other day! I've never been to Vegas. Alissa, my gambling partner, I'll pull a slot machine lever for you ;) It looks like it will be myself and 6 of my fraternity brothers. I think I should start a bail fund now. I hope the rumor about all of us in one hotel is just that...a rumor. I love those guys to death, but nothing good can come from all of us in a small hotel room. Someone WILL get hurt.

Well, I guess that is all for right now. I owe my dog some quality couch/tv nap time. Seeing as how it's "too damn to cold to play with the dog outside" (please add that to your list Gwen, thanks) this is all we can do right now.

Night all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home