Monday, July 12, 2004

How can I put this without hurting you.....You f@#ked up :)

So I learned that I have no future in the following fields today:
Professional Politics, PR, or Spin Control

Why? Because the urge to bite my tongue is not greater than my urge to tell people my honest opinion. Tomorrow this will be put to the test in an even bigger way than today. So here is hoping that I wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow. Also, do not send me to do busy work to impress people. I know it's busy work so my attention will wander at least once during the day and this is dangerous ;)

I'm currently on an out of state assignment till Thursday and as you can tell from the above paragraph I'm not too happy with the role I've been given. Instead of just fixing the issue I have to put on a show in the process (and these guys will not be impressed by my visual depiction of the act of blooming, or my impersonation of Lady Di). Why? Gooooood question. I don't know. Something to do with restoring confidence and blah blah blah. Personally, if it were me, I would just want the damn thing fixed with minimal hoopla. But that's me. So, here I sit. Trying to figure out how I am going to stretch 30 minutes of work into a 9 hour tour de force. Any suggestions? Oh, and I've been here for a full day as it is and I've already found the most likely source of the problem. I could fix it with a 5 minute conversation, but that wouldn't look like much would it. Hardly a reason to fly almost 1000 miles. Sometimes my job bugs me.

Also on this trip I realized that not only am I stuck in a rut at home I actually have a rut when I travel. I actually found myself on the EXACT same bar stool that I was on the last time I was here. Weird. Tomorrow I am hitting a new spot. I have to.

In other non job related news my neighbors moved out :( I now have lost the one family that actually talked to me in my development. I am that weird, threatening (hardly), or creepy (maybe, I guess) that it warrants only the cursory "Hi" when passing. If they are going to avoid me I feel that I should at least give them a REALLY good reason to do so. I'm thinking party time.....Yeah party time. There are now two empty units between me and the nearest ears soooooo.....Yeah.

Well, I feel my attention wandering again so I'll sign off before this entry gets anymore random.

Night all





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home