Tuesday, October 11, 2005

There's no place like home...

Well, this week my work ethic will be pushed harder than ever. I get to work from home!! I've never done this before. I mean I've worked on projects on weekends from my home but that's different. So far I've done pretty well (ignore the fact that I'm updating my blog during the work day) with keeping on track. I think my dog thinks I lost my job again :) He keeps looking at me with the "Why are you still here" look. He'll adjust.

It's funny. Going from the extreme amount of work I had at my last job to this is a bit of an adjustment. All they want me to do right now is focus on getting myself on the way to being certified in networking hardware and software. So that's what I do for 8 hours a day. Read read read. It's oddly relaxing ;) But every once and a while I feel like I am not earning my keep. I assume the work load will pick up soon. Actually I really hope it does because I need to be productive or I go nuts. Oh well...we will see. On a positive note I created a project plan last week and apparently my project manager mentor loved it. He is presenting it to Eye-BM today to convince them that I know what I am doing. Suckers ;)

Well, my break time is over and it is time to get back to the joy that is the Brocade Fibre Channel training. Bye

3 Comments:

Blogger Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

What state are you living in these days? Do the ladies at Loki's kennel get visitation rights?

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still in PA right now. Oh, and the lawyers are still hammering out the visitation rights issue :)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Alissa said...

Could you be a little more specific about your whole life-change thing? Are you moving? Where? When? Ok, that should suffice. Thanks. :)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home